Friday, December 17, 2010

Tour de Tucson 2010

So I know that this post is late but it my blog. So my Dad and I rode in the El Tour de Tucson 40 mile event (I know the 109 mile is where it's at but I had to start somewhere) back in November. It was the first "race" for both of us and really did not not what to expect. Months ago when we decided to ride together we talked about having matching jerseys. For my Dad and I this is a pretty normal thought. After a few days on Internet searching I found "The Perfect" jersey, and we became Team Spam. Team Spam turned out to be a big hit throughout the race, both of us received a lot of comments on them, and no I am not from Minnesota.

I did not train for it other than doing the regular ridding (60 - 80 miles a week) and I did not ride or drive the route before the race. So my time was slower than I had hoped 2:36. Now what I did not realize when I check after the race to see what my time, was that I came in 96th (now it is adjusted to 99th) which is not something that I ever thought that I would or could get in my first race. My Dad finished in 3:48 and we are all very proud of him. Amazingly I think that he is getting in road biking bug too. After the race it was great to see my family and enjoy in the accomplishment with them.

I again realized how much that I enjoy riding. So let the planning for the next event begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment